Health Connect Troubleshooting
There are a few reasons why your data might not sync:
- Your app may not have permission to read data from Health Connect. Check if the app has been granted permission.
- On your device, open the Health Connect app.
- Tap App permissions.
- Select the app that you want to grant permission for. Turn Allow all on.
- The sync may not have started properly. Make sure that you start syncing through the connected data provider app’s settings(Google Fit, Samsung Health, MyFitnessPall, and others.). Try to turn the permissions off and turn on sync again through the connected data provider app.
- The Health Connect app is not updated.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Health Connect.
- Tap Update.
To make sure that data synchronization between Samsung Health and Health Connect is working correctly:
- In Google Play, check that the latest Samsung Health and Health Connect application versions are installed. If you want to access Galaxy Watch data, check the Samsung Health application version on the watch too.
- Enable data permissions in the Samsung Health application. In Samsung Health, go to ”Settings > Health Connect > App permissions > Samsung Health”. Note: You must enable the permissions through Samsung Health > Settings > Health Connect, not through the phone Settings > Apps > Health Connect.
- In Samsung Health, go to “Settings > Sync with Samsung account” and tap “Sync now”.
To find out which apps have accessed your Health Connect data most recently, in the Health Connect app, select Recent Access. To check what data has been written by an app, go to Data and Access, select the data category and data type you are looking for, and select See all entries.
Health Connect lets multiple apps write data into the same on-device storage. As a result, inaccuracies can occur for a number of reasons. You can delete any inaccurate data so that Health Connect doesn't use it. If you want only one app to write a certain type of data, you can remove permissions from every other app that writes that data.